Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadySetServe #CollectiveBias
Spending time exploring the outdoors is my passion. Among my outdoor adventures, fishing offshore from my kayak has become my favorite. Something about being one with the ocean that makes me feel great. Best of all, I get to eat fresh fish that I catch myself. As a parent of two and working full time, balancing time to do everything I love is a challenge. Fast and easy to prepare meals are usually at the top of my agenda. Finding ways to simplify meals while not compromising on taste is ideal.
This weekend I went offshore for some pre-fishing for an upcoming kayak fishing tournament I will participate in. I was actually preparing meals in my head with the fish I had yet to catch. The winner was Bang Bang Kingfish and I was fortunate enough to catch one. Everyone knows a good meal is not complete without a great side dish. I had been craving home made fried rice so when I got home I ran off to pick up the ingredients.
I love easy so I found a great rice option with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. I have never cooked rice faster than Minute Ready to Serve. The name says it all, I literally just had to peel off the film and heat the single serve cup for 60 seconds in the microwave. The beauty of Minute Ready to Serve Rice is that it comes in single serving cups that allow you to control the portions of your meal as well as measure a meal for your family. This is perfect for my life on the go. I now know I can carry one with me and just heat for 60 seconds when hunger kicks in. It will also work great on my family camping or hiking trips. The variety in flavors are also versatile options for any meal of the day including mid-day snacks.
To compliment the Bang Bang Kingfish I prepared I used 6 cups of Minute rice to create a delicious Fried Rice. 6 cups was plenty for dinner for my family of 4 and giving mom and dad enough to pack for the next days lunch, score!
- 6 cups of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 3 large eggs – scrambled
- 1 cup of peas & carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of butter &1 teaspoon of minced garlic (melted)
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- Begin by placing the peas and carrots, diced onions and scrambled eggs into a wok at medium heat.
- Next, pour the rice into the wok and mix the ingredients.
- Follow by pouring both the soy sauce and butter/garlic into the rice and thoroughly mix until you no longer see white rice.
- After a few minutes of stirring at medium heat your rice will be ready to serve and enjoy with your meal.
Bang Bang Kingfish
- 1 pound of cubed kingfish meat
- 2 large eggs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Mayonaise
- 1/4 cup of Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Siracha
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Mix eggs into a bowl then fully submerged the cubed meat.
- Roll the meat into the bread crumb mix until fully covered.
- Once all the meat has been breaded proceed to fry. You can do this in a pan or a deep fryer.
- Preheat oil in a high heat.
- Carefully place the fish into the fryer for a couple minutes or until golden brown.
Bang bang sauce Directions
- Thoroughly mix the 4 sauce ingredients into a bowl.
- Drizzle the sauce on the fish after serving on a plate.
You now have a great dinner ready for your family to enjoy. Serve your portions of fried rice, deep fried Kingfish and drizzle the delicious Bang Bang sauce. I promise you, your taste buds are in for a treat, bon appétit!
I found the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in the rice aisle at my local Walmart. They come in many flavor options including Whole Grain Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice, Multi-Grain Medley, Rice Brown & Quinoa, Basmati Rice, Jasmine Rice, White Rice. Plenty of flavors to inspire new dinner creations!
Pick up a few on your next trip to your local grocery retailer and create a great tasting, fast and simple dinner for your family.
If you need help with recipe ideas, minuterice.com has hundreds of mouthwatering recipes.